bicycle

bicycle

Friday, January 18, 2013

The NCFCA's impact on a judge

Yesterday and today I have been judging a NCFCA Region II Speech and Debate tournament. Let's just say these young people have impressed me so much with their communication skills! They can speak so profoundly that I find myself learning little things from just observing them. I'm going to be honest and just say that they really present themselves better than most adults and students I have come across in my experience with speech, debate, and theatre. 
What a wonderful honor to be able to give feedback on these kids' skills, who hold the future of America in their hands. I have come away with so much, and I was only there yesterday! I am trying to convince my little sister to get into this next year, but she isn't having much of it. I would like Jacob to do it too, but I'm going to start with Dani and work my way down. How I wish I would've had this experience when I was younger! 
The kids I met yesterday seemed like people I really would have clicked with when I was a child. The atmosphere is one of maturity and competitiveness, but most of all, one of tangible Christ-like love. One thing that really made me proud to be here, was that there were two boys who prayed with each other before they debated each other. I think one thing about the debate we usually see (mostly presidential etc.) are disrespectful, full of fallacy, and just plain nonsensical. The debate that I saw yesterday were powerful, logical, and kind.
 The NCFCA is teaching the next generation to think efficiently and equips them to defend the biblical and traditional truths of Jesus Christ. Great job NCFCA :) I was very impressed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment