bicycle

bicycle

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bare Faced Beauty & Restless Youth

Hello again :) I've been so busy with getting the website up, I'd almost forgotten about my blog! Speaking of the website, I've posted on there a PDF of the essay I wrote that started this whole thing. I think I mentioned the essay in the post My Controversial Idea. My paper seemed too long for a blog post, so I put a link on the website under Resources. The link is here. I think it is the first essay I'm actually proud of...I put a lot of work into it because of my intense passion for the subject. 
It is so odd, though. My passion for this project has produced in me a desire to give lots of effort and time  for the cause of a redemption of what is considered beauty-- more so than in anything I've ever undertaken. I've noticed over the past few years that our younger generations are getting more and more restless, seemingly because most of them don't know what they want to do with their lives or what they're living for. Instead of being purposeful in what they do, they turn to destructive behaviors to find fulfillment. 
As Christians, we are always striving towards the goal, always developing a more tightly knit friendship and love with Jesus. The Occupy Movement and ever present adolescent violence are evidence of our restless youth. So many harmful things go into the minds of our dear youth. All I can do it press on and pray that He will somehow give them rest. Who knows? Maybe He will call me to be His hands and feet and administer the medicine of rest to the upcoming generation.

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
 Phillippians 3:14

 

No comments:

Post a Comment