bicycle

bicycle

Thursday, March 21, 2013

P.S. I'm going to Nashville!

Well, I didn't want to tell people, because I wasn't sure if I would be accepted, but I have good news again. I applied/auditioned for the Fine Arts Summer Academy in Nashville, TN, and was accepted. In July I will be traveling to Tennessee and participating in the Christian summer camp for two weeks, provided I can fund my way there. Even though $2,000 doesn't sound like much, it is to me. I should have enough by the time tuition is due. I feel incredibly blessed to be able to do this and nervous too. I just hope I can exceed their expectations, as well as my own. I don't know exactly what God is planning to do with the gifts He's given me...it's so odd because I don't even consider myself a good singer.
A cute mom from church came up to me while I was at work and told me that, though she couldn't tell who I was because her eyes had steadily become worse, she had heard me singing at Mass and she asked her husband who I was. She said that my voice touched her so deeply that it moved her to tears. She then proceeded to tell me that I needed to go on American Idol :) I'm not mentioning this so that I can get responses or sit high on my horse, it just doesn't seem to match with my perception of what my voice is like. Perhaps God desires to heal that misconception of, not only my voice, but how I see myself. 
So...
God...
Take my voice.
Take my heart.
I surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment