Have you ever felt known by someone? Really known? Not a bad kind of
know, but a refreshing kind? The type of know that brings up the feeling
that you are cared for and loved? While there are a few people that we feel truly know us well, there is one person who knows us best. His name is God.
And God knows us. He really does! He formed us,
molded us, loved us into being. We are the product of His very great
love. It says in the Bible that He knit us in our mother's womb. He
intricately knit us. I don't know about you, but knitting is hard for
me.
It takes focus and I always want to get every stitch perfect so that
the entire piece will be beautiful. He knits us in the same way, but
His creations don't end up being thrown across the room in frustration
like mine do. Instead, He ends up breathing the Breathe of Life into His
new creation's lungs. In Jeremiah, it says that before God formed us, He
knew us.
But there was one thing He took extra care to form. My heart.When He formed my heart, He paused constantly. It was this part of me that would determine everything. My most severe hurts, greatest joys, deepest compassions, and wildest panics would be felt here. But most of all, there was a place in the heart for a passionate love. A spot that only an unquenchable love could fill. To anyone else, it looked like a void, a blemish, a hole. But He knew. He had the missing piece, and He longed for the day that He could make it whole again. He anticipated and hoped with all His might that the heart He was forming would one day choose to follow the paths that were created for it, so that He could fulfill its purpose. So that He could fulfill your purpose.
Each person is different. Everyone decides on a different way to live, whether they choose God or not. But I know that He knows me. And I try to know Him as best I can. And every day the hole that was once empty is filled in a new and beautiful way. A more complete way. All I can do is offer you the same peace and love that I've accepted. The gift of Jesus. The one who formed your heart, knows how to heal it. All you have to do it hand it to Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment