The past few nights I have had a difficult time sleeping because of this loneliness. My mind has been so full of worry and doubt. My trust in God wavers sometimes and lately I've had a hard time being transparent with Him. So instead of praying and resting in His arms and allowing Him to soothe my soul, I've started turning to social media, movies, and even to dumb games on my phone, hoping to be "entertained". Actually, a better word for it would be distracted. These things had become a mechanism to distract me from the problems I had been facing and the hurt they've caused. These little and seemingly harmless games have actually been pulling me from reality, and therefore God who is reality. The love my heart feels so empty of is, every moment, being offered to me, and I have been actively drawing back from it. The loneliness I was trying to run away from tonight and the night before was not being decreased by investing in screen time and won't ever be decreased by it. My souls thirsts for relationship, foremost a relationship with Jesus Christ. As long as I am resting in Him, listening to Him, serving Him, everything else will fall into place. Now that's an encouraging thought! I don't have to worry about tension with my siblings or trying to please my friends, though these are important things to be mindful of. My main focus needs to be Jesus. Nothing else.
(P.S. Just as an encouragement for you, I deleted all the games off my phone tonight and some social media things like Snapchat, etc.You can do it too!)
Peace be with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment