bicycle

bicycle

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Reach Update- Women's Retreat

Well, I'm deep into training for Reach Youth Ministry. Community life is difficult and today I just needed some alone time. I guess I knew Reach was going to be hard, but I didn't expect the atmosphere to be so...well, unchristian like. I thought that after the women's retreat yesterday and today, maybe us ladies would be strongly bonded, but I am disappointed that some of the people here just talk a lot and don't do much.
Regardless of a few people who make community life really, really hard, there are some very nice girls here and the women's retreat was very nice! Reach paid for us to go to Boulder Hot Springs for the day to relax and get closer to each other and to God. They also bought us a book for women called Praying Our Lives, a compilation of prayers, scripture, and an invitation to make prayer an every-moment endeavor. Ashley, our associate director, along with Deidre Casey, a wonderful leader in youth ministry in Helena, were the coordinators for this wonderful time together. After making dinner together, we spent some time worshiping the Lord with music. Deidre and her husband are sought after musicians in these parts, so it was really cool that I and Susie, one of the other team members, got to lead with her. I even got to lead a few songs! There were many other things we did together, but I think worship was the best for me. The presence of God was so very tangible in that crammed little living room!
Reach is hard. Every day I am attacked for trying to live a life of holiness, encouragement, and purity. It is so sad to me that we are supposed to be getting ready to minister to youth, to show them the light of life with Christ, and their lives are so contrary to what we are supposed to be doing.
I'm not saying I'm perfect, because I mess up every single day and don't have strength except for what the Lord gives to sustain me. It is frustrating for me to be harassed and then ignored because I choose not to engage in certain behaviors with them...
Lately I have felt so very thankful for the opportunity to grow in patience and love for others but this very evening I am feeling a bit discouraged...maybe I'll give a happier update next time...

In the mean time, here are pictures from the Hot Springs!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear, I wish I could hug you right now. Know I am hugging you in my heart. Hang in there. God chose you for a reason! XoXo

    ReplyDelete