bicycle

bicycle

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dear World:

Dear World:
I just wanted to let you know that God has done it. After years of doubting and then strengthening of faith, years of praying and wondering, He has followed through. I always knew He would, but there are those times when waiting and waiting can make you guess whether He really did mean what He was saying or if He was just speaking figuratively. 
I have been accepted for a position on Reach Youth Ministry's team. 
It is an interesting feeling to be accepted because this is as far as the plan goes in my life. I have no idea what I'm going to do after Reach, but I'm oddly at ease with the idea of having no plan. I am really looking forward to enjoying my time with Reach for what it is and not clouding the experience with worries for the future. 

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you. "Ah, Lord God!" I said, "I know not how to speak; I am too young." But the Lord answered me, Say not "I am too young." To whomever I send you, you shall go; whatever I command you, you shall speak. Have no fear before them, because I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord.
Jeremiah 1: 5-8

Remember this, O Jacob, you, O Israel, who are my servant! I formed you to be a servant to me; O Israel, by me you shall never be forgotten: I have brushed away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like a mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you.
Isaiah 44:21-22

God will not allow your foot to slip; your guardian does not sleep. 
Psalm 121:3

Happy are those who fear the Lord, who walk in the ways of God.
Psalm 129:1


Friends, please pray for me and for the future Reach teams. We have some hard times ahead of us and we really need intercession to our Father. Money is the big thing on my mind right now, but also spiritual preparation for the things I will encounter. I love the feeling of knowing that I'm doing the right thing-- that this is where God wants me. For so long I've waited for this, and now it's finally happening. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment